17 August 2011

Day one post-op

Sleeping last night proved to be about as difficult as I imagined. I managed to pass out around 9:30 p.m. and slept straight through until 2:00 a.m. but had a hard time getting back down again afterwards. My neck was getting sore from being propped up on several pillows and the swelling started to get worse. I took another Percocet and managed to drift in and out of sleep.

Now that I’m up and about the swelling is going down again. I’m spending lots of time with ice on my neck and it feels quite nice. It hurts a good deal more to swallow today so I’ve had to get a bit mushier with my diet. I did manage to treat myself to a decaf Starbucks latte this morning so that’s a good sign that I’m already well on the mend. It was nice to get out for a little bit to enjoy the fresh air.

Not much on my plate right now other than trying to take it easy , which has never been my forte. I must say that the Percocet really chills me out; I don’t think I’ve been this relaxed in my life. That being said, I’m still looking forward to being pill free. As fun as it is to be “chill,” I don’t want to be spaced out for too long. I find myself having to concentrate a good deal more on making sense...hopefully this blog won’t be full or typos.

That’s all for now folks. Eyelids are getting heavy and the neck is needing more ice. I best get some sleep again before Drew comes home and wants to play. I think the poor little fella is wondering why I’m not rolling around on the ground and playing with him. That is going to be the hardest part of all this – not being able to pick him up and hold him. He is far too strong and curious; he has already taken a not-so-gentle interest in my bandages.

TTFN.

No comments: