21 January 2010

Home inspection today

Once again, I find myself and Andrew uprooted from our home and taking over Mom and Dad's place. Normally I would mind the hassel but I'm not about to complain because our buyers have scheduled a home inspection for today. Right now there is a small convoy of people going through my house trying to pick out problems and find faults. I really hope that everything is alright; the house is only 3 1/2 years old but you never know how good the workmanship of contractors is these days in new constructions. Either way, we will get the final verdict from the buyers no later than 8:00 PM tomorrow. Their agent will hopefully press for them to sign today if there are no issues.

Can you tell I'm anxious to be done with all this? I guess I should consider us lucky because we got multiple offers after only one day of viewings (not even an Open House). Some people have to wait months for their house to sell, let alone have an inspection done on top of that. Even though the agents have been told that the house is conditionally sold, some still want to bring their clients through because they are eager to make backup offers in the event that our current buyers fall through. It's always nice to have a plan B and to know that our humble little abode is in high demand.

This week has certainly been a whirlwind and I'll be glad to see the end of it. Mix in house viewings with the inspection, keeping the house spotless, a birthday dinner for my Father-In-Law (hosted at our place last night), bringing Andrew to work for intoductions (tomorow), a walk through of our new construction (Saturday) and Andrew's baptism and reception (Sunday)...what a week! Of course, I've had top deal with eveything with a bad cold to boot. If the old adage "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger," is true, then I'm one hell of a strong lady.

Continue to keep those fingres crossed folks! Hopefully all the home hooplah will be over tonight and I can go back to my life of relative calm. Oh well, I certainly can't complain of boredom. This time next week I'll likely be back to twiddling my thumbs wishing there was more to do.

No comments: