31 July 2014

Vaccination Hell

Happy two months to my sweet little monster.  Sadly, we celebrated by getting her first round of vaccinations – a whopping four in total! I’m all for the miracles of modern medicine and believe in vaccinations, but four in one go seems brutal.  Andrew was always a bit touchy on the day of vaccinations, but he was usually right as rain within 24 hours.  As for Maeve…holy hell! I was not prepared for the fussiness that descended upon my typically-happy little camper. Of course, as luck would have it, she started to get a cold on the same day as her shots.

We are now four days post-vaccination and she is still a fussy handful. It’s hard to say whether her crankiness and lack of appetite is due to the cold or the shots now.  I think the combo of both was just a little too rough, poor sweetie.  Of course, because I am the receptacle of all her bodily fluids, guess who also got sick?  I feel like I have been hit by a truck.  You should see the two of us sprawled on the couch, both drippy and cantankerous, it’s not a pretty sight.

So far the boys have managed to escape the bug. I’m not holding out much hope though because these things usually make the rounds.  Parenthood…not for the weak!

No comments: