20 January 2012

New year, new blog, new redhead

Happy 2012. For those you that still make your way onto my blog from time-to-time, thanks for sticking with me and for your patience with my infrequent posts. I am hoping that I can resurrect the blog this year and start getting some of the nutty thoughts floating around in my head out onto paper again…or should I say screen? I digress…

2011 certainly wasn’t the best year for me on record mentally or physically. In short, I threw myself a one-year pitty party. I have tried to write about depression many times before, but it is something I can never quite seem to adequately describe; I don’t like to dwell on that part of myself if I don’t have to. What I can tell you is that I am starting 2012 off in a much better place. There comes a point where you hit a brick wall. You can either fall over and give up, or you can pick yourself up, brush yourself off and try to find a way to get over onto the other side – I am doing the latter. I am back to eating healthy and exercising daily. It isn’t always easy , but I am forcing myself to take time for myself. On days when I start to feel myself slipping back into old habits, I look to my wonderful son and husband for motivation. They deserve a happy and healthy mother and wife. Above all else, I owe it to myself to feel happy and well-balanced too.

I an attempt to keep myself on track and to meet my health goals- I have launched a new accountability blog. If you care to follow that particular journey, you can join me at:

For those of you interested in the more “lighter fare,” I’ll continue to write my general daily musings here on my regular blog. Life with a redheaded toddler is never dull – I have lots of stories to tell ; )

No comments: