27 November 2009

A BIG reward for Mom

So I may have jinxed myself because yesterday didn’t go as well as the two previous days. Drew was back to his old tricks – hard to settle, over-tired, fussy and insatiable during feed times….damn! I’m leery about feeding him more because he is already taking a good 4-5 oz every 3-4 hours, which should be more than enough at his age. I don’t want to overfeed and then have to scale back because he would be even more of a devil then.

All complaints aside, I am happy to report that my little dude does bestow me with a smile and a coo from time to time. This was the result of me acting like an idiot this morning, making funny faces and noises – amazing what a parent will do to make their kid smile! It reminds me that there is a happy boy in there and that there is light at the end of the colicky tunnel.


No comments: