15 July 2009

Belly dance party

Not sure if I mentioned this already in a previous post but I am happy (I think) to report that I have reached the point where I can now see the baby kicking externally. I was a bit of a late bloomer when it can to feeling movement and hubby only felt his first kicks around the 24 week mark. It’s funny how things can change in a matter of weeks; there’s certainly no mistaking the little jabs and kicks now.

One of my favourite pastimes these days is staring at my stomach when “bean” goes through one of his Riverdance routines. The movement is especially noticeable when I wear a patterned shirt and can see the flowers or shapes expanding and contracting. I have no clue what he’s doing in there, but he always seems to be more active in the morning about an hour after breakfast; he also puts in another performance in the mid afternoon and before bedtime. So far it doesn’t hurt but I do find it a little disconcerting when he wiggles and I can feel him putting pressure on Lord only knows what internal organ. For now I’m enjoying the little bumps and jumps but I’m sure my opinion will change when both he and I are larger…Mommy only has so much room in her belly after all. I have a sneaking suspicion that he favours my ribs because that’s where I seem to feel the bulk of his activity - that should be fun in third trimester!

No comments: