01 June 2009

Pirates, dinosaurs and puppies, oh my!

This weekend the shopping bug bit…big time!Now that we know “it” is a “he,” I have unleashed my inner bargain maven. In an effort to make things seem more “real,” hubby and I celebrated the big news on Friday by looking for some baby boy outfits. While there certainly doesn’t seem to be as much selection as there is for girls, we managed to do pretty well for ourselves coming home with three adorable outfits consisting of dinosaurs, puppies and pirates.

On Saturday, our monthly expedition to Costo for toilet paper and laundry detergent yielded three more adorable sleepers. By Sunday, we began to have the makings of a very cute wardrobe with the gift of yet another cute dinosaur sleeper (and some washcloths) from our good friends M, L and baby C. Already this little one is so spoiled!

It’s truly amazing how much more fun it is to buy for a child, rather than buying for yourself. That being said, this Momma-to-be did not walk out of the mall empty handed herself; I boughtm a new pair of dress pants for work out of pure necessity…I love this kiddo, but he’s making me fat!

No comments: