28 May 2009

Gender reveal – tomorrow!

Stay tuned folks! Tomorrow I will hopefully be announcing the gender of “the bean”.

Hubby and I go for our last ultrasound tomorrow morning and I’m hoping that baby will cooperate and give us a little peak at its…ummm…bits… I never thought I would want to know the gender of the baby but I’m just too damn impatient to wait any longer; I am also itching to start buying a few cute outfits. Ultimately, I’ll love and be happy with whatever I get, but I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t want a girl the most. Hubby grew up in a male-dominated household and I’d love to see him with a little girl; he would undoubtedly be wrapped around her little finger quite promptly. I know he’s the type of guy that would have that awesome father-daughter relationship, having tea parties and making lop-sided ponytails in her hair. That being said, he’ll be a fantastic father to matter the gender but I see him being an extra sucker for a little girl. As for Mommy, well I just want an excuse to buy adorable little dresses and hats. Of course, we will just as happily settle for a healthy baby no matter the sex.

While I have managed to hold off on baby shopping for the most-part, I did cave in and make my very first “gender neutral” purchase this week – a hand-knit cotton/wool pumpkin hat for bean to wear home from the hospital. Being the Halloween freaks that we are, and given the fact that the baby will be born in late October, hubby and heartily agreed that our little one would go home dressed for the season. I may not get to throw my big costume party this year, but I’ll be damned if my baby has to miss out on the fun.

Everyone ready? Get ready to ooohhh and ahhhhh; here’s the hat!

No comments: