14 December 2008

An evening with Anne

I ended up missing out on the holiday cheer last evening and decided to stay home while hubby went to his work group’s Christmas potluck dinner. My lip was still pretty swollen and dry by the end of the day and I didn’t relish the thought of being introduced to strangers with my clown smile. I also didn’t want to have to explain, in French, what the heck a mucocele is. Far better to stay at home and wallow in my own puffy misery. Actually it wasn’t all bad; the original Anne of Green Gables was on CBC last night so I enjoyed reliving my childhood. I always loved Anne as child because of the obvious redheaded and quick-tempered connection. I guess you could say that we’re “kindred spirits” and I too hated being called “carrots”.

I am pleased to report that my lip feels more human this morning, rather than a toughened piece of meat. There is still some swelling but I feel as though I’ve regained some feeling around the incision. Unfortunately, with more feeling comes more pain. I’m certainly not in agony, but I more ‘aware’ of area now. I think that things are bound to ache a little as the incision heals and skin starts to come together. I see one small bump at the end of the incision and I’m terrified that it may be another small mucocele. I guess I’ll have to wait until the skin smoothes out to know whether the doctor got everything out. At any rate, while the surgery and the healing really isn’t that bad, I certainly don’t want to have to go through this again.

Lip aside, hubby and I have nothing too excited planned for today. After being cooped up for the past two days, I’m starting to feel a little stir crazy. We may end up tackling the crowds at the mall to finish of Christmas shopping. We’re almost done with the family and friends list, but I still haven’t found some alone time to finish hubby’s shopping. I’m starting to fear that I’ll be rushing around with the men on Christmas Eve in a desperate bid buy something.

I
n closing, and because I’m just a wee bit strange, I’m leaving you with a “Day 3” shot of the lip. Keep smiling : )


No comments: