23 October 2008

Happy 200th anniversary to me!

As I logged in to make this entry, I realized that today marks my 200th blog post on Tales of Rambling Redhead. For a little over two years now, I have been pouring out my heart, soul and utter nonsense online for friends, family and yes, even complete strangers. People often ask me, “RR, why do you blog?” or a perennial favourite, “Where the heck to you find the time to write?”

I you harken back to my very first post in 2006, you will find a pretty good explanation of why I chose to hop on the blogging bandwagon. I suppose one could say that it has filled a certain void in my life; it has provided me with a much-needed creative outlet and my own little slice of the cosmos where I can bitch, whine and ramble on about complete and utter nonsense…hence the aptly-named title of my blog. In another sense, I hope that my writing and experiences can bring a bit of lighthearted laugher to others. Life, after all, is quite a silly thing and should never be taken too seriously. In my mind, we are all living out some strange personal soap opera worthy of a best-seller biography or movie. The only difference is that this gibberish is real!

If you have stuck it out with me since the beginning and endured all 200 posts, I bid you thanks and congratulations – you are either a very strong and loyal person, or you have way too much time on your hands. At any rate, I hope that I have made you laugh and will continue to do so. I may not always be the most faithful blogger and I’ve certainly had my lapses of writers block, but I hope that you’ll stick with me until post # 300. A lot can happen in a year (or over the course of 100 posts)...the adventures are only just beginning
!

No comments: