28 April 2006

Hooray for pretty things!

Yet another busy weekend has passed and I'm having a hard time getting back into work mode. Last week was yet another 4-day work week for me, so the extra day this week will seem brutal.

On Friday, I took the day off to go out to Carleton Place with mom to visit my wedding dress. After almost a year of procrastinating, it was finally time to bite the bullet and try it on. Luckily, after seeing the dress on me a second time, I finally had that infamous "Holy crap I love It!" moment. This is a great weight off my shoulders because I wasn't sure how I would feel about the dress after waiting so long to try it on again.

All and all, I'm pretty happy with the fit. The ladies at the store told me that I shouldn't try to lose any weight. While this sounds nice, I was a little dissappointed because I was hoping to shed 10 pounds by September. I'm not huge, but I really wanted to get down to the size where I feel most comfortable. Oh well....more chocolate for me!

The only other exciting thing that happened this weekend was the Ottawa Sens game! FH and I I watched the game on his father's big-screen TV. Not quite as cool as being there live...but the HD does make a difference. It was some of the best hockey I've ever watched. Very close game. I don't do well with that kind of stress and I'm surpirsed I still have hair left on my head. I will definitely be one of those scary hockey moms some day! GO SENS GO - Woooo Hoooo!

Sunday was productively spent browsing around Home Depot. FH and I have a gift certificate burning a hole in our pocket. We went in to look at a few specific items and walked out with a huge wish list. Who knew that shopping for blinds could be so fun?!? Sadly... this is what excites us these days! House shopping has quickly become a passion / obsession of mine. I think that FH is just being a good sport.

No comments: